ConnectiCare is committed to providing "Best in Class" service to our customers.
In 2005, ConnectiCare was ranked #6 by U.S. News and World Report in its list of America's Best Health Plans®. ConnectiCare is the only Connecticut health plan listed in the top 10. We are also the only for-profit health management organization in the top 10.
We were ranked #6 of 257 commercial health plans evaluated for this award. The results were based on a combination of member satisfaction, clinical performance, and the National Committee for Quality Assurance Accreditation.
- ConnectiCare was incorporated in 1981 as a non-stock, non-profit Connecticut-licensed health maintenance organization and has remained Farmington-based throughout its 25-year history.
- The company reorganized in July 1999 to become a for-profit stock corporation. It recapitalized in 2001 and was investor-owned from 2001 - 2005. ConnectiCare's conversion process resulted in the creation and funding of the largest independent health foundation in the Northeast, The Connecticut Health Foundation.
- ConnectiCare acquired the dormant AmeriHealth Plan in 2003 to establish a network of providers in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Putnam Counties of NY. In January 2005, ConnectiCare received regulatory approval to sell commercial health plan products in those counties.
- On March 10, 2005, ConnectiCare was acquired by the Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP). As part of the HIP family, ConnectiCare continues to conduct business autonomously under its well-respected name brand and its locally-based management team in Farmington, CT.
- Mickey Herbert took the helm at ConnectiCare in September 2005. As President and CEO, he will lead the growth of ConnectiCare drawing from his vast experience in building the successful Physician Health Services (PHS). He was the founder and CEO (for twenty-two years) of Physician Health Services, a publicly-traded health plan serving the tri-state region of Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. In 1998, PHS was sold for $271 million to HealthNet.
- ConnectiCare is the third largest health maintenance organization in Connecticut and employs approximately 500 individuals.
- ConnectiCare achieved $770 million in revenue in 2005 and has been ranked on Connecticut Magazine's Top 100 list of large industrial and service companies with headquarters in the state.
- The company's culture coupled with its high-performing employees has made ConnectiCare an "Employer of Choice" in the Greater Hartford region. ConnectiCare's low voluntary employee turnover rate of *6.3% is exceptional for a company with an in-house call center.
*Avg. of last three years
- ConnectiCare's Farmington offices include a state-of-the-art call center and in-house Disease Management programs. Satellite offices are located in Norwalk, CT and Tarrytown, NY.
- ConnectiCare is an active member of the Connecticut Association of Health Plans, America's Health Insurance Plans, and the Connecticut Business and Industry Association. We are engaged in legislative issues that have an impact on our business and our customers.
- ConnectiCare demonstrates its ongoing commitment to the community and non-profit sector through its Community Benefit Grant Program, United Way Campaign, and Employee Matching Gift Program. In 2005, the employee based United Way Campaign raised $211,731.
- ConnectiCare, Inc. serves approximately 240,000 members along with its affiliates:
- ConnectiCare of Massachusetts, Inc.
- ConnectiCare of New York, Inc.
- ConnectiCare Insurance Company, Inc.
- We serve in the following areas:
- Massachusetts in Hampshire, Hampden, and Franklin Counties
- New York in Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, and Orange Counties
- ConnectiCare's provider network includes:
- 17,800 health care providers in approximately 24,200 locations
- 60 acute care hospitals
- All Connecticut hospitals
- ConnectiCare offers health insurance products on a fully-insured and self-funded basis including:
- Traditional HMO
- Point of Service (POS)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
- Individual health plans (Solo)
- Dental Plans
- ConnectiCare was the first health plan in the nation to offer a high-deductible HMO Plan compatible with Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
- One of ConnectiCare's primary business focuses is meeting the insurance needs of small group employers. As a result, ConnectiCare works closely with the Chambers of Commerce and the Chamber Insurance Trust to develop products that offer a variety of affordable plan options.
- ConnectiCare Solo was launched in 2005 to answer the growing need for individual health coverage.
We have the highest member-satisfaction scores for customer service and claims processing of any health plan in Connecticut for three straight years.
Among our Connecticut competition, ConnectiCare ranks definitively #1 in all six categories of the CAHPS 2005 survey results. The survey rates customer service, claims processing, quality of our provider communications, courteous and helpful office staff, getting needed care, and receiving care quickly.
- Outstanding Service:
- 99% of all claims paid within 30 days
- 97% first-call resolution
- 0.8% call-abandonment rate
- 99.7% enrollment accuracy
- 4.3-day average for turnaround of ID cards
- ConnectiCare was ranked in the top 10 nationally for the 3rd consecutive year and in the top 5 in the region for the NCQA HEDIS Effectiveness of Care (Quality) measures.
- In 2005, ConnectiCare exceeded the Connecticut State Competitive Average in 47 of 58 HEDIS quality measures.
- ConnectiCare was accredited by the NCQA in 1996 and has maintained an "Excellent" rating for its commercial employer group plans (1999-2005). ConnectiCare of Massachusetts also holds and "Excellent" rating (2004).
- ConnectiCare is the 4th HMO in the nation to receive NCQA accreditation for its Disease Management programs.
- ConnectiCare was ranked number 2 in Connecticut among HMO plans for the lowest member complaint ratio in 2004. (Reported in 2005 by the CT Department of Insurance)
- 93% of our members said they would recommend ConnectiCare to their family and friends if they needed care. (2005 CAHPS Survey)
- ConnectiCare was awarded the 2002 Business Leadership Award by The University of Hartford for being a company whose mission and performance demonstrate a balance between shareholder return, commitment to the community, and employee development.
- ConnectiCare's BREATHE Program received The 2002 National Exemplary Practice Award by the American Association of Health Plans (AAHP) and the Washington Business Group on Health (WBGH)
- In 2001, ConnectiCare was ranked the Highest in Overall Member Satisfaction Among HMO Plans in Connecticut based upon the J.D. Power and Associates 2001 Commercial Managed Care Satisfaction StudySM.
< Our Carriers